APPOINTMENTS & COVID-19 PROTOCOL
Reducing risk in close contact personal service operations - body art/tattoo studios
MASKS required. Please, read all details below before setting an appointment for any service
Button links found below - Yellow button for Piercings,
Red button for Tattoos.
Sorry, no walk-ins.
COVID-19 Precautions -
During these challenging times we must all do our part to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus thereby protecting our clients, staff and our most at-risk populations.
COVID-19 is transmitted via respiratory emissions from the nose and mouth while breathing, coughing, sneezing, talking, laughing, and is also found in saliva and nasal secretions. The virus can remain airborne for some period of time and will survive dried on various surfaces for up to 3 or 4 days.
Body art is a close contact personal service and cannot be performed while maintaining a safe social distance of 6 feet or more. We are usually only 1-2 feet from our client's faces while piercing or tattooing. Please respect that we are working under higher risk conditions than most American workers and do not have access to the same personal protective equipment as other close contact high risk professions such as health care workers. For this reason we must take special precautions not found in the average business.
Please see the following protocol put in place to reduce the risk of infection for our clients and staff.
1. Masks required at all times - Please wear a mask or face covering over your nose AND mouth upon entering the building and keep it in place for the duration of your visit. Do not move your mask to talk or to show us your piercing. We cannot allow anyone to enter without a mask so please plan ahead.
2. Appointments only - Client flow must be significantly streamlined in order to keep clients from waiting in common areas, therefore all studio clients must book an appointment, including clients needing to purchase or change out jewelry. Piercing and jewelry appointments can be scheduled online (see below section "Piercing Appointments"). Read below section regarding the required appointments for Tattoo Consultations and Appointments.
3. Please be on time for your appointment - Handling the new client flow routine is tricky so being late, or too early, will make it difficult to serve other clients as they have been scheduled. If you are late we may be unable to provide service that day and you may lose your appointment slot and any deposit or pre-payment. You are welcome to reschedule your piercing/jewelry appointment up to four hours prior to your appointment time if you foresee that you will be late. Please see piercing/jewelry service pre-payment and tattoo deposit details below.
4. No piercings of the nose, mouth or other oral areas. High risk exposure piercings will not be performed at this time. COVID-19 is transmitted by respiratory emissions from the nose and mouth. For this reason we must all wear masks at all times and are unable to do piercings (or tattoos) involving the nose or mouth because they are under the mask. We understand that you may have really been looking forward to a new nostril piercing but we can’t compromise our staff’s health in order to do it. We do not have a projected date at which this may change.
5. Please come alone. - Only one person per staff member is permitted in the studio at a time. We cannot allow friends and family to wait in the building or accompany clients during their tattoo or piercing. We understand that tattoos and piercings can be a social experience but we must follow these guidelines in order to reduce risk of transmission for clients and our staff. For this reason we kindly ask that you please come alone or have someone drop you off.
6. No jewelry changes under the mask area - We cannot change jewelry for piercings in any area that lays under a properly positioned face mask (nose, mouth). We also cannot have you move your mask to show us your piercing or jewelry. If you want to send us photos of your piercing and current jewelry that is hidden under your mask we will do our best to help you choose appropriate jewelry without observing it in person. When you send photos please include your full name and phone number in case we need to speak with you by phone. You can send your photos and information to our studio email or to our body piercer's Facebook account. If you have jewelry that does fit your piercing you are welcome to bring it with you in a clean plastic bag to your jewelry appointment so that we can help size it for you.
7. Sorry, no minor piercings or tattoos at this time. 18+ years of age only. We will have only person per artist or piercer in the studio and that person must remain in the artist's room. For this reason we will not be able to pierce or tattoo minors at this time. Please come alone, no friends or family members. Do not bring anyone with you, including children, to the studio because they will not be able to wait in the building. If you bring children with you to an appointment and we cannot pierce or tattoo you due to that you will lose your pre-payment or deposit.
8. Do not visit if you are sick or may have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days - Please do not visit if you have been exposed or have symptoms of illness… stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, feverish, coughing, congestion, difficulty breathing, having stomach discomfort or have recently recovered from any illness within the last 14 days. If you suspect or know that you have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days we ask that you you to schedule your appointment for a later date even if you are feeling perfectly normal. If you have recently had COVID-19 you should wait 14 days after you last experience any symptoms to allow virus to clear from your body. You should also give your immune system plenty of time to recover before getting a tattoo or piercing.
9. Wait outside the studio until it is the time of your appointment – We are permitted only one person in the lobby at a time. You can call us to let us know that you are outside and we will let you know if we have finished with the previous client yet. You can wait in your vehicle or outside the building. 205.458.9998 ext. 2
10. Hand sanitizer or wash hands upon entering - We will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when entering the building and to refrain from touching your face.
11. We will check your temperature with an infrared touch-less thermometer - If you are running a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher we will need to reschedule your appointment. Our staff will also have their temperatures checked at the beginning of their shift.
12. We will screen and monitor our clients for symptoms - If you show any signs of being sick we will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date. Please understand that this is not personal; we are practicing diligence in order to protect the health of everyone entering our business including our hardworking staff and their families.
13. Maintain social distance - Social distancing of at least 6 feet must be observed at all times with our general staff and other clients. This is the minimum distance recommended for reducing transmission however more distance is considered safer whenever possible. Our artists will not be able to maintain this distance while performing tattoo or piercing services which is why we must take additional precautions to reduce everyone's risks.
14. Please be patient – We will continue to go the extra mile in sanitizing every surface in the common areas of our studio just as we do in our procedure rooms. Your health, and ours, is a top priority in all things we do.
15. When you schedule your appointment you to agree to the following:
The above protocol is intended to reduce risk of transmission based on what we currently know of COVID-19. Health related professionals are, however, very early in their research and understanding all things related to COVID-19 virus including modes of transmission, viability of the virus inside/outside of the body, symptoms, the asymptomatic carrier state, antibody testing, treatment modalities and, of course, a vaccine. The owner, manager, employees and independent contractors of Cloud Nine Southside Body Art, LLC will operate using best practice in body art services including risk reduction for respiratory infection transmission as well as bloodborne pathogens. These methods may change or expand as more is discovered about the virus. Taking these precautions will not, however, guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 while visiting our business. Despite the civil initiatives encouraging our citizens to get back to work and resume some normalcy, unnecessarily going out in public and being around other people for non-essential services remains a risk.
We hold our staff to the same standards that we do our clients. We check our temperatures, wear face masks and will stay home if we know that we have been exposed or are showing symptoms.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation during these challenging times. We have missed you all and look forward to seeing you as we carefully ease our way back into operations.
-Karri Henning, MSPH
Owner & Body Piercer
Piercings & Jewelry Purchase Appointments -
Piercing Service and jewelry purchases and jewelry change outs are by appointment only. Appointments are for Thursday-Mondays (studio is closed for services and jewelry purchases on Tues/Wed.) Sorry, we cannot accept walk-ins during the COVID-19 pandemic, not even for jewelry purchases because we have a regulated flow of clients (only one person at a time in the studio).
Please read the above studio protocol related to COVID changes. For example, NO MINOR PIERCINGS at this time, no guests to accompany you in your visit, masks required and certain piercings and change outs will not be done during this time such as nose piercings, septums, tongue, and other oral piercings. Jewelry change services for any nose or oral piercing will be unavailable until further notice. Please do not pull down your mask - we cannot look at or change your jewelry in any piercing that is located under a properly positioned mask. See section #6 above for details about buying new jewelry for your piercing that is located under the mask area. Please see our FAQ page for general information related to getting a tattoo or piercing at Cloud 9.
You can easily schedule your Piercing & Jewelry related Appointments online at Square Appointments. Piercing details and pricing are listed if you follow this link however if you don't see what you are looking for please give us a call at 205.458.9998 (ext. 2).
***PIERCING PRICES APPOINTMENTS in this YELLOW box below***
Tattoo Consultations & Appointments -
Tattoo consultations and other services are available by appointments only. Sorry, we cannot accept walk-ins during the COVID-19 pandemic. NO MINOR TATTOOS.
To schedule a free 30 minute tattoo consultation, please send the following information by email to CLOUD 9 ARTWORK at G M A I L. Feel free to call us at 205.458.9998 (ext. 2) if you have questions that are not addressed on the website.
Please make sure your email contains the following:
1. your full name
2. phone number
3. photo(s) of any art reference you have
4. photo(s) of your body where you'd like to place the new tattoo
5. description of what you want including color versus black and grey, size (approximate dimensions), location of the body, etc.
6. best days/times for you to come in (Keep in mind we are closed Tues/Wed.)
If the artist has availability they may be able to do a very small/simple tattoo the same day but this is not common or promised. Typically, we will need to meet you in person for a consultation.
If the artist does not have sufficient time to prepare your artwork and execute your tattoo on the same day you will be asked to set up an appointment for a later date. Tattoo appointments are set up, in person, by our artists after meeting you, thoroughly discussing your ideas and looking at the area in which you want to put your new tattoo. We may also need to take careful measurements and photographs in order to prepare your artwork to fit the space properly. For these reasons, and many others, we cannot do consultations, give quotes or set up appointments by phone or messaging.
You must come alone, no friends or family members for consultations or tattoo service. For this reason we will not be able to tattoo minors during this time.
Tattoo consultations are free however tattoo service appointments require a minimum $100 non-refundable retainer/deposit to secure your appointment time. Longer scheduled sessions will require a larger deposit. When a client books an appointment we reserve that time slot. This deposit is a retainer is to ensure that we do not lose valuable business opportunity during that time. This is especially important to us while we are significantly restricted in our ability to conduct business during the COVID-19 pandemic. This ensures that our artists are compensated for their time even if you do not show up.
The deposit is applied to the price of your tattoo. We can accept your deposit in person, over the phone, by Venmo or CashApp or we can send you a link to pay online. Late notice cancellations or rescheduling significantly impact our artist's ability to make a living. For this reason, cancellations or rescheduling less than 24 hours in advance will result in loss of your deposit.
State law requires that you present your original government issued ID for any tattoos or piercings each time you visit for service (driver's license, non-drivers ID, passport, military ID). We do not keep your documents on file for future use. If you don't bring your ID you will lose your deposit.
Please see our FAQ page for general information related to getting a tattoo or piercing at Cloud 9.