Piercing Appointments & Pricing
***We moved 5 miles east, to the
Crestwood Festival Center, Birmingham, AL.***
Note: Please carefully review the following Appointment Protocol before booking your body piercing or jewelry appointment.
MINOR update 07/01/2022 - We are now offering limited piercings to minors with age restrictions. You can find general details on our FAQ page including list of minor piercings offered, age requirements, documents and forms of identification required by Alabama state law.
1. By Appointment only – We are appointment only but often have same-day appointments available for piercings or body jewelry shopping. Appointments allow our clients enough time to peruse our large jewelry selection and have our team assist in finding the right fit, gauge, and length of jewelry for their piercing. Wait time is significantly reduced thereby allowing our clients to plan the rest of their day.
Appointments are required for:
downsize service (downsizing of jewelry posts or barbell shafts)
piercing retainer insertion
taper service / stretching
piercing problems / troubleshooting
*Note: We are happy to assist with any service, including downsizing or troubleshooting even if you were pierced elsewhere.
Piercing and jewelry appointments should be scheduled online. Pre-payment for the service fee will be collected to ensure that you show up for your appointment time. Jewelry is additional unless otherwise stated. Please do not bring your own jewelry with you for a fresh piercing.
We only use never-worn, high quality implant grade jewelry (compliant with the Association of Professional Piercers APP guidelines) purchased from our studio for initial piercings. We will not use any previously worn jewelry or new jewelry purchased elsewhere because we cannot verify or guarantee its metal purity, quality and condition.
The price of jewelry varies widely depending on what is chosen. Most basic implant grade titanium starter jewelry compliant with the Association for Professional Piercers guidelines will start around $40-45 per piece depending on the piercing. Decorative studs start at $40 each (or $80 per pair) plus tax. We also carry 14kt solid gold (yellow, white and rose gold) with semi-precious and precious stones such as diamonds, jade, amethyst, ruby, sapphire, opal, moonstone, chrysoprase, garnet, etc.
Tattoo and tattoo consultation appointments are scheduled via email or messaging to the artist. You can contact the tattoo artist through their portfolio page on this website.
2. Prices - Piercing prices and details can be found on the online appointment scheduler. Jewelry is not included in most piercing fees and we do not use outside jewelry for initial piercings. We have a very large selection of fine body jewelry for your selection including solid gold, rose gold, white gold, with or without genuine gemstones as well as implant grade titanium and niobium. All appointments are scheduled online by the client and will require that you enter your credit or debit card into the secure Square scheduling platform. We do not schedule appointments by telephone. Pricing and details are noted for each individual piercing currently offered at Cloud 9.
Once you enter the online appointment scheduler, click on "MORE" for each service you are interested in and be sure to read the details so there will be no surprises when you arrive for your appointment. Prices for our starter level jewelry options are noted. For example, earlobe jewelry starts at $40 per decorative implant grade, threadless titanium stud (or $80 per pair plus sales tax). While these basics may start around $40, you will also find that we carry beautiful upgraded options such as solid gold jewelry with genuine diamonds, amethyst, jade, moonstone, ruby, garnet, topaz, sapphire, carnelian, opals, tigers eye, onyx and more (upgraded jewelry prices will vary).
3. Please be on time for your appointment – Being too early or late will make it difficult to serve other clients as they have been scheduled. If you are more than 10 minutes late we will be unable to provide service during your appointment time and you will lose your deposit or pre-payment. If you foresee that you will be unable to make it for your scheduled appointment you are welcome to self-reschedule your piercing/jewelry shopping appointment up to 4 hours prior to your appointment time. To reschedule your piercing/jewelry appointment just click the link you received by text or email when you first set up your appointment.
4. Limitations on certain piercings - The studio offers most piercings unless they are associated with a high chance of poor outcome or unnecessary damage to the body. If you don’t see a piercing listed as an option on our online appointment scheduler it means that we are not offering it at this time. For example, we do not offer tongue "snake eyes"/"frog eyes" due to the high risk of permanent damage these piercings may cause to the tongue, jaw bone, teeth and soft palate. Other piercings that we do not offer include: smiley, frowney, cheeks, implants or magnets.
At this time we are not offering dermal anchors or surface bars but may do so in the near future. We do offer dermal anchor removals however.
Each of our piercers will offer services to the public based on their training, experience and comfort level. A list of piercings offered by piercer can be found when using the online booking scheduler (yellow button link below).
If you are interested in a particular piercing but do not see it listed on our online piercing appointment scheduler, please give us a call. 205.458.9998 (ext. 2) to discuss.
5. Only one person in the tattoo or piercing room with the artist/piercer. You can bring an adult friend or family member to your appointment but they will not be able to accompany you to the piercing or tattoo procedure rooms. Your adult friend can wait in the lobby while you receive your piercing service. Minors being pierced must have their consenting parent present in the piercing room. Please do not bring children to the studio unless they have a piercing appointment scheduled.
6. MINORS (under 18 years of age) - We are offering limited piercing services to minors with age restrictions. You can find general details on our FAQ page including list of minor piercings offered, age requirements, and forms of identification required by Alabama state law.
We will have only person per artist or piercer in the procedure rooms except in the case of minors which must have their biological parent or legal guardian present at all times. Children are permitted in the piercing room only if they are the one being pierced. Please do not bring infants or young children to the studio because they will not be able to enter the building. If you bring children with you to an appointment and we cannot pierce or tattoo you due to that you will lose your pre-payment or deposit.
Minor Piercings Offered:
Under age 15:
Earlobes ages 7-11, please contact the piercer directly through email for more info and to make arrangements
Earlobes ages 12-17, schedule online
Navel (bellybutton piercing)
7. Intimate Piercings (Nipples, Genitals) are restricted to those that are 18+ years of age. Parents may not give permission for minors to receive nipple or genital piercings.
8. Please be respectful and stay home if you are feeling unwell or may have been exposed to COVID-19, strep or the flu within the last 7 days – Nobody wants to get sick. Regardless if you think you have COVID or something else, please do not visit the studio if you are feeling unwell including stuffy nose, sniffling, sneezing, sore throat, feverish, coughing, congestion, difficulty breathing, nausea, etc. If you suspect that you have been exposed within the last week we ask that you schedule your appointment for a later date even if you are feeling perfectly normal. It is difficult to heal a new piercing or tattoo if you are sick so please give yourself a few weeks to recover before scheduling your appointment.
9. We will monitor our clients for symptoms of illness - If you show any signs of being sick or running a fever we will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date. Please understand that this is not personal; we are practicing diligence in order to protect the health of everyone entering our business including our hardworking staff and their families. If any of our staff are experiencing symptoms they will stay home and if we have an exposure the studio will quarantine and get tested as appropriate.