APPOINTMENTS & COVID-19 PROTOCOL
Reducing risk in close contact personal service operations - body art/tattoo studios
MASKS required. Please, read all details below before setting an appointment for any service
Sorry, no walk-ins.
**We moved 5 miles east. Crestwood Festival Center, Birmingham, AL.**
COVID-19 Precautions -
Body art is a close contact personal service during which we must spend an extended amount of time only 1-2 feet away from each other’s faces. For this reason we will continue to be mindful of COVID transmission risk for the benefit of our valued clients and staff alike.
Please see the following protocol put in place to reduce the risk of infection for our clients and staff.
1. Masks will be required while our clients are being served in the piercing and tattoo procedure rooms. We will happily provide a disposable mask if you don’t have one. Our piercer and tattoo artist will also wear masks during your procedure.
2. Appointments only – We are primarily appointment only but often have same day appointments available for piercings or body jewelry shopping. Appointments allow us to give our clients the time and undivided attention that they expect and deserve while perusing our large selection of high quality body jewelry. Wait time is significantly reduced thereby allowing our clients to plan the rest of their day.
Piercing and jewelry appointments should be scheduled online. Pre-payment for the service fee will be collected to ensure that you show up for your appointment time. Jewelry is additional unless otherwise stated. Please do not bring your own jewelry with you for a fresh piercing.
We only use never-worn, high quality implant grade jewelry (compliant with the Association of Professional Piercers guidelines) purchased from our studio for initial piercings. We will not use any previously worn jewelry or new jewelry purchased elsewhere because we cannot verify or guarantee its metal purity, quality and condition.
The price of jewelry varies widely depending on what is chosen. Most basic implant grade titanium starter jewelry compliant with the Association for Professional Piercers guidelines will start around $40-45 per piece depending on the piercing. Studs start at $40 each (or $80 per pair) plus tax. We also carry 14kt solid gold (yellow, white and rose gold) with semi-precious and precious stones such as diamonds, jade, amethyst, ruby, sapphire, opal, moonstone, chryoprase, garnet, etc.
Tattoo and tattoo consultation appointments are scheduled via email or messaging to the artist. You can contact the tattoo artist through their portfolio page on this website.
3. Please be on time for your appointment – Being too early or late will make it difficult to serve other clients as they have been scheduled. If you are more than 10 minutes late we will be unable to provide service during your appointment time and you will lose your deposit or pre-payment. If you foresee that you will be unable to make it for your scheduled appointment you are welcome to self-reschedule your piercing/jewelry shopping appointment up to four hours prior to your appointment time. To reschedule your piercing/jewelry appointment just click the link you received by text or email when you first set up your appointment. Please see piercing/jewelry service pre-payment and tattoo deposit details below.
4. Restrictions on Nose and Oral piercings and jewelry changes (updated 09/13/2022) We are currently offering the following nose/oral piercings: nostril, lip, philtrum/Medusa, Monroe, labret, vertical labret.
We are NOT currently offering: septum/”bullring”, dermals, surface bars, smiley, frowney, cheeks or any piercing on the tongue or tongue web. If you don’t see a piercing listed as an option on our online appointment scheduler it means that we are not offering it at this time. This may be unrelated to COVID. For example, we do not offer tongue "snake eyes"/"frog eyes" due to the high risk of permanent damage these piercings may cause to the tongue, jaw bone, teeth and soft palate.
COVID related supply chain issues have affected high quality body jewelry manufacturing as well. Some of our jewelry manufacturers are running about 6 months behind in processing orders due to this. If we do not have the appropriate implant grade jewelry required for a particular piercing in stock we will not offer the piercing until we do. Feel free to give us a call if you have any question.
If you are getting one of the piercings “under the mask” (nose or mouth) that we are currently offering we will require the following:
A. Negative COVID test from an approved facility such as Walgreens or a local clinic. Test should have been done at a testing facility such as clinic, Walgreens, etc. within 24 hours of your piercing or jewelry change appointment. We do not accept home test results.
B. Proof of COVID vaccination using Moderna or Pfizer. Second dose of the vaccine series should have been received at least 14 days prior to your piercing or jewelry appointment.
At times when COVID case rates rise to particularly high levels we may decide to temporarily halt nose and oral piercings for awhile. If the piercing option is currently listed on our online appointment scheduler it means that we are currently offering that service. If the option is not listed we have temporarily halted that service again. Please read the information section when booking your service to be sure you meet the requirements and come prepared with proof of vaccination, lab test results, etc.
5. Only one person in the tattoo or piercing room with the artist/piercer. You will not be able to bring a companion into the tattoo or piercing room with you to keep you company however they may wait in the lobby (adults only though). Minors being pierced must have their consenting parent present in the piercing room. Please do not bring children to the studio unless they have a piercing appointment.
6. MINOR update 07/01/2022 - We are now offering limited piercing services to minors with age restrictions (no minor tattoos). You can find general details on our FAQ page including list of minor piercings offered, age requirements, and forms of identification required by Alabama state law.
We will have only person per artist or piercer in the procedure rooms. Minors must have their biological parent or legal guardian present at all times. Children are permitted in the piercing room only if they are the one being pierced. Please do not bring infants or children (that are not being pierced) to the studio because they will not be able to enter the building. If you bring children with you to an appointment and we cannot pierce or tattoo you due to that you will lose your pre-payment or deposit.
Minor Piercings Offered:
Under age 15:
Earlobes ages 12-17, schedule online
7. Please be respectful and stay home if you are feeling unwell or may have been exposed to COVID-19, strep or the flu within the last 7 days – Nobody wants to get sick. Regardless if you think you have COVID or something else, please do not visit the studio if you are feeling unwell including stuffy nose, sniffling, sneezing, sore throat, feverish, coughing, congestion, difficulty breathing, nausea, etc. If you suspect that you have been exposed within the last week we ask that you schedule your appointment for a later date even if you are feeling perfectly normal. It is difficult to heal a new piercing or tattoo if you are sick so please give yourself a few weeks to recover before scheduling your appointment.
8. We will check your temperature with an infrared touch-less thermometer - If you are running a fever of 99.8 degrees Fahrenheit or higher we will need to reschedule your appointment. Even if you do not have COVID, if you are running a fever it is not a good time to get a piercing or tattoo as your body will be immune compromised. Our staff will also have their temperatures checked at the beginning of their shift.
9. We will screen and monitor our clients for symptoms - If you show any signs of being sick we will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date. Please understand that this is not personal; we are practicing diligence in order to protect the health of everyone entering our business including our hardworking staff and their families. If any of our staff are experiencing symptoms they will stay home and if we have an exposure the studio will quarantine and get tested as appropriate.
10. When you schedule your appointment you agree to the following:
The above protocol is intended to reduce risk of transmission based on what we currently know of COVID-19. Health related professionals are, however, very early in their research and understanding all things related to COVID-19 virus including modes of transmission, viability of the virus inside/outside of the body, symptoms, the asymptomatic carrier state, antibody testing, treatment modalities and, of course, a vaccine. The owner, manager, employees and independent contractors of Cloud Nine Southside Body Art, LLC will operate using best practice in body art services including risk reduction for respiratory infection transmission as well as bloodborne pathogens. These methods may change or expand as more is discovered about the virus. Taking these precautions will not, however, guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 while visiting our business.
We hold our staff to the same standards that we do our clients. We check our temperatures, wear face masks and will stay home if we know that we have been exposed or are showing symptoms.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation during these challenging times. We look forward to seeing you soon!
-Karri Henning, MSPH
Cloud 9 Tattoo & Piercing
Owner & Body Piercer
Piercings & Jewelry Purchase Appointments -
Please see our FAQ page for general information related to getting a tattoo or piercing at Cloud 9.
You can easily schedule your Piercing & Jewelry related Appointments online at Square Appointments. Piercing details and pricing are listed if you follow this link however if you don't see what you are looking for please give us a call at 205.458.9998 (ext. 2).
***PIERCING PRICES & APPOINTMENTS click the YELLOW button below***